Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Fairy's Debt

Title: Fairy's Debt
Author: Gail Carriger
Rating: 5/5

Description:
"I knew it would all end in tears the moment I saw the hat."
Cups is a fairy with a problem. She can't grow wings because is she under a death promise to a local king. So she takes service at his castle as the Least Jester, hoping to earn her wings and learns a great deal about cupcakes, tea daemons, and Earth dragons along the way.

This a short comedic fairy tail, coming in at just under 5000 words (or about 10 pages). In it Gail gets up to her usual silly tricks, tea saturated prose, and food driven biting wit.

First published in Sword and Sorceress 22, 2007


My Review: I loved this story, I'll even ignore how short it was but she needs to write more in this world! Great!

No comments:

Post a Comment