Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Diamond City Magic #1


Title: Trace of Magic
Author: Diana Pharaoh Francis
Rating: 5/5
Reviewed thru Netgalley for Publisher!

Thankz for much to Niki Flowers from Dell Bridge Books for sending me a free copy of this book so I can review both book #1 and 2!

Description: Even the most powerful tracers can't track you if the magical trace you leave behind is too old. But I can track almost anything, even dead trace. That makes me a unicorn, the Tooth Fairy, the Easter Bunny, and the Lock Ness Monster all rolled into one. In a word, I am unique. A very special snowflake. And if anyone ever finds out, I'll be dead or a slave to one of the Tyet criminal factions. Riley Hollis has quietly traced kidnapped children and quietly tipped the cops to their whereabouts one too many times. Now she's on the radar of Detective Clay Price, a cop in the pocket of a powerful magic Tyet faction. When he blackmails her into doing a dangerous trace for him, Riley will have to break every rule that keeps her safe. Or become a Tyet pawn in a deadly, magical war.

My Review: Just finished this wonderful book. With a perfect mix of adventure, action, romance, and magic. Which kept me on the edge of my seat. The story is beautifully written and the characters are real-like. Stubborn and like-able. I love the tension and uncertain love between Riley and Price. The constant need to protect each other was cute. Now we just need some questions answered that were left alone for us. But soon enough I'll be reading book 2 so that's all good! I enjoyed this book way too much and I give it a 5/5 stars!









No comments:

Post a Comment