Tuesday, April 29, 2014

The Giver/ If I Stay


Name: The Giver
Author: Lois Lowry
Rating: 4/5

Description:
A major theme of this book is accepting differences and overcoming the obstacles created by these differences. This novel is set in a society that values conformity and makes every attempt to eliminate individuality. I included this novel in the text set, so that readers can begin comparing a society that struggles with accepting differences to one that strives to do away with them all together..

My Review: This was the first time reading this book, and I got to tell you its brilliant, I wanted... no craved more at the end.... what a cliffhanger there. I'm planning to read the rest of the series soon!




Name: If I Stay
Author: Gayle Forman
Rating: 5/5

Description:
In a single moment, everything changes. Seventeen year- old Mia Hall has no memory of the accident; she can only recall riding along the snow-wet Oregon road with her family. Then, in a blink, she finds herself watching as her own damaged body is taken from the wreck... A sophisticated, layered, and heartachingly beautiful story about the power of family and friends, the choices we all make—and the ultimate choice Mia commands.This book will bring tears to your eyes at one point and laughter at another.

My Review:
This book was amazing, so much storytelling as the author flings you into the past to talk about Mia's family, I found myself crying like a little baby thru the book. This story is about the strength of love from family and friends. I'll be reading the next book to see what happens to Mia, Adam and the rest of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment