Thursday, January 31, 2013

The Winter Child


The Winter Child
by: Cameron Dokey

A Retelling of "The Snow Queen" Free-spirited Grace and serious Kai are the best of friends. They grew up together listening to magical tales spun by Kai's grandmother and sharing in each other's secrets. But when they turn sixteen and Kai declares his love for Grace, everything changes. Grace yearns for freedom and slowly begins to push Kai -- and their friendship -- away. Dejected Kai dreams of a dazzling Snow Queen, who entices him to leave home and wander to faraway lands. When Grace discovers Kai is gone, she learns how much she has lost and sets out on a mystical journey to find Kai...and discover herself.

Description from Shelfari
 
At first when I got this book I thought I wasn't going to get into the story but low and behold I read through it like a knife slicing into melting butter which is ironic since this story is about the Snow Queen. This book is about a girl (Grace) that turns down an easy life and true love for the unknown- for adventure. She wants to run away from the town and the comfort of the people there after her grandma dies. Next thing she knows Kai is spirited away by the Snow Queen. And she must leave most behind to find him... to get him back.  I really enjoyed this book and will try some of the others in this series of retelling fairytale stories but for now I have a few stack of books to catch up here on. And currently I joined the Netgalley so I'll have more to review. For this book I gave it 4 stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment