Saturday, July 30, 2011

Hunger Games (7-23-2011)

The Hunger Games
by: Suzanne Collins

In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. The Capitol is harsh and cruel and keeps the districts in line by forcing them all to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV. Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who lives alone with her mother and younger sister, regards it as a death sentence when she is forced to represent her district in the Games. But Katniss has been close to dead before-and survival.
Summary taken from Shelfari

Wow, I wonder why I haven't picked up this book til now. The Hunger Games kept me on the edge of my sit not knowing if she was going to survive or fall victim to the games. It also reminded me of a japanese book with a similar feeling which was about a certain class that is sent to an area and are told they must kill their classmates to survive. That would be called Battle Royale by: Koushun Takami. But back to Hunger Games- which bought me to tears about a certain small girl being killed... I can't wait to read on about Katniss, Peeta, Gale and the rest. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment